Adding additional tinting to your windows is very popular and beneficial for a number of reasons.
Some vehicles have no factory privacy tint but some do. Exploria works on a lot of High Line level factory Transporter vehicles. These come with a privacy pigment already in the glass. However for many we add an additional window tinting film to the inside of the windows.
This is popular for campers wanting privacy when changing right through to business users wanting to keep tools out of view from prying eyes.
Below are just some of the benefits of tinting your windows:
- UV Protection – protects the vehicle’s interior from fading
- Reduces glare
- Keeps temperatures down, making it more comfortable for passengers & animals
- Security – darker than the factory tint, so possessions are less visible to prying eyes
- Vision – whilst darker from the outside, passenger’s vision outwards is not affected
- In the event of an accident or someone trying to smash the window the film will help to prevent glass from shattering everywhere
When retrofitting VW windows factory the overall finish isn’t perfect as the dot matrix around the corner isn’t big enough to cover the steel corners. When the glass has additional tints this isn’t an issue.